Re: Please test apt-listchanges 4.0 in experimental

Le mer. 11 oct. 2023 à 14:54, Jonathan Kamens <jik@kamens.us> a écrit :
> Can you confirm that this occurred with 4.0 rather than 4.1?
I'm a bit messy & forgetful these times.
But you have #1053812 against 4.1 already.

> > Can annotations/mypy testing be considered now "best practices" for
> > Debian native packages ?
>
> Best practice? Sure. Requirement? Not so much.

Of course it's not a requirement;
and it can be done iteratively.

> Regarding apt-listchanges in particular, I have already spent countless hours getting
> ready for this new release, including the addition of a substantial unit-test suite
> where there were no tests before.

I see it, and it's nice work.

> I do not have the bandwidth to add type hints as well,
> and I do not think this should be a blocker to releasing the new version to the public.

This is why I propose to do it.

> I am happy to consider a MR if someone else wants to add typing to the code-base.

There's a first MR pending.

There's another one against python3-debconf with 100% "mypy --strict" coverage.

I just don't  know how to handle the "py.typed" there: it's a flag
file, contents doesn't matter.
It could be a "touch" in debian/rules, I just don't know what is the
prefered way.

Greetings