RFC: advise against using Proton Mail for Debian work?

Hello,

Please retain me in CC for all replies.

Everyone reading this most likely believes that PGP/GPG is a good thing;
Many will advocate for its use-by-default for even unimportant
correspondences, because privacy is a right.  Meanwhile, everyday usage
of encryption normalises it, which is important because the means to
privacy should not a niche crypto enthusiast thing...

On the surface, this means Proton Mail (free account) is great!  And for
general use, I feel like we should be supportive of them; however, I'm
starting to wonder if we need to recommend against the use of Proton
mail for Debian work for the following two reasons:

1. I've received a report that this provider is not appropriate for DM
and DD use, because the key pair is stored on their servers.  Ie: The
applicant doesn't control the means to validating identity and
authorship.

2. The Proton Mail web client automatically encrypts email to anyone who
it has a key for.  Usually, this would be a great thing, but it means
that emailing 1234 at bugs.debian.org while CCing
uploader_since_this_is_an_RC_bug@debian.org will encrypt the email that
is sent to the BTSe...which has the effect of making Debian development
veiled in plain sight rather than "in the open".

I see three outcomes:

A) Continue to explain this to new contributors on a one-by-one basis.
B) Advise against using Proton Mail for Debian work (where?  our wiki?)
C) Proton Mail begins to do something differently on their end, such as
offering some features to Debian contributors that currently require a
subscription.

What do you think?
Nicholas

P.S. Also, at what point should we add them to CC and/or write them an
open letter?