Re: DebGPT: how LLM can help debian development? demo available.

On 2024-01-02 17:07:57 -0500 (-0500), M. Zhou wrote:
[...]
> You can also tell me more ideas on how we can interact with LLM
> for debian-specific tasks. It is generally not difficult to
> implement. The difficulty stems from the hardware capacity, and
> hence the context length. Thus, the client program has to fetch
> the most-relevant information regarding the task.
[...]

I consider myself an "AI skeptic" (probably due to watching the
Terminator films at an impressionable age), but one of the most
useful ways I've seen LLM leveraged is large open source projects
feeding in their corpus of complex documentation, and then providing
users with a human language interaction prompt where they can ask
questions and get conversational responses based on that
documentation. A continuously trained LLM backing a sort of "search"
function for all of www.d.o/doc (and maybe also wiki.d.o) could be
cool.
--
Jeremy Stanley