Re: HFS/HFS+ are insecure

On Sun, 27 Aug 2023 02:34:04 +0200 Marco d'Itri <md@Linux.IT> wrote:
So I propose this content for a file like
/usr/lib/udev/rules.d/75-insecure-fs.rules:

While we could ship such a udev rule for udisks, I don't think it will properly solve the issue. The device will still show up in nautilus, plasma etc and mounting is just an additional click away.

The UI would have to updated to present some kind of information to the user, that mounting the FS is potentially unsafe and asking the users for extra confirmation.

This would need more design work though and buy in from the desktop environments like say GNOME or KDE.

Tagging such FSes via udev rules seems like a reasonable idea though.