Re: Confusion over t64 migration

On 2024-02-09 John Goerzen <jgoerzen@complete.org> wrote:
[...]
> So at the moment, I am unclear why there are bugs filed with severity
> serious that apparently cannot be fixed.  Shouldn't they be normal with
> a tag wontfix until the relevant dpkg changes are in unstable?

> To put it another way, I'm not seeing why we are reporting RC bugs
> against a bunch of packages before it is possible to fix them.
[...]

Hello John,

Afaiui the transition has been delayed unexpectly. (#1063329). I *think*
the priority was also chosen as signal to avoid unstable uploads for the
already staged packages. Stuff should have happened quickly, before we
entered the autoremoval timer.

Looking at "your" bug #1062097 it looks like you were unlucky, mine all
had a fat warning "NOTICE: these changes must not be uploaded to
unstable yet!".

There was a little bit of discussion about the delay on
https://lists.debian.org/debian-release/2024/02/msg00272.html but it
has not yielded a plan yet.

cu Andreas
so grateful to you.'