Re: 64-bit time_t transition in progress in unstable

On Wed, Mar 06, 2024 at 12:26:17PM -0700, Kevin Bowling wrote:
> Are there instructions on how to progress an unstable system through
> this, or is the repo currently in a known inconsistent state?  I have
> tried upgrading various packages to work through deps but I am unable
> to do a dist-upgrade for a while.
Being unable to do a dist-upgrade is expected and some packages can't be
installed or can't be upgraded, but in general on amd64 you should be able
to upgrade a majority of them with `apt upgrade` and then manual
installing/upgrading, if you wish so (as in theory most libfoo0t64 are
drop-in replacements for libfoo0, but in practice some packages have
additional abi deps for their plugins etc., plus the usual amd64-i386
skews, plus some unique problems in some packages).
Also debootstrapping sid is broken, or may be broken from time to time.
Install testing instead if that's good enough.

--
WBR, wRAR