Re: ITP: gtk-gnutella -- The Most Efficient Gnutella Client

On Wed Mar 13, 2024 at 6:52 PM GMT, Lucio Marinelli wrote:
> gtk-gnutella is a server/client for the Gnutella peer-to-peer network.
> It was previously included in Debian repository.
> The source code is hosted in Github:
> https://github.com/gtk-gnutella/gtk-gnutella
> I already prepared the .deb package here:
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/gtk-gnutella/files/gtk-gnutella/1.2.3/

I took a peek, out of curiosity. I was surprised not to find a
orig.tar.gz /  debian.tar.gz split; the package version scheme
properly reflects a normal (non-native) package (1.2.3-1), but
the source tarball has "./debian" in it;  and indeed, it looks
like you're managing the debian packaging in the upstream repo.
It's advisable to keep the two separate.

The debian/copyright file doesn't conform to spec[1], and doesn't
describe the copyright of the debian files in particular. I couldn't
easily answer the question: is your packaging based on the previous
iteration of the debian package? Do the previous packagers hold
copyright?

[1] https://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/copyright-format/1.0/

--
Please do not CC me for listmail.