Re: Package marked for autoremoval due to closed bug? [and 1 more messages]

Hi!

On Tue, 2024-03-19 at 10:32:04 +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:
> [2] In my case src:dgit depends on git-buildpackage.  The autoremoval
> robot wants to remove git-buildpackage because of the time_t bugs
> against rpm, xdelta, and pristine-tar.  One root cause is that
> src:dpkg isn't migrating because of #1066952.

Just to clarify, I've now closed that report as I mentioned I'd be
doing, but this will have no effect, because dpkg and gcc-* are not
migrating primarily because they are being used by the release team
to gate the transition, to avoid having them get into testing and
potentially then getting things to build with the wrong ABI there

> The logic of the autoremoval system is that as an affected maintainer
> I ought to go and involve myself with #1066952.

Perhaps the release team blocks should be listed more prominently at
the beginning of the tracker page and perhaps be somewhat linkified
(I'll file a report)? (Or maybe you got this information from somewhere
else, which lacks that information or is also listed at the end?)

Regards,
Guillem