Re: Command /usr/bin/mv wrong message in German

Le lun. 1 avr. 2024 à 10:43, Johannes Schauer Marin Rodrigues
<josch@debian.org> a écrit :
> > This is the reason I never expect dpkg -S to work and dpkg -L to be
> > correct. The (probably) oldest registered bug report about this is #213907,
> > from 2003. RPM has %ghost since before that, of course.
>
> This is the reason I never expect apt-file search to work. It would be nice if
> we had a tool which would track the files created by maintainer scripts as well
> and associate them to packages. Isn't dumat tracking which files are actually
> created after package installation? If yes, can that data be made searchable?

That tool is cruft-ng ...

I mostly use it for forensics of messed up OS images,
but it can be asked where a single ghost/volatile file comes from.
(If it has been teached so)

$ LANG=C dpkg -S /etc/fstab
dpkg-query: no path found matching pattern /etc/fstab
$ cruft /etc/fstab
base-files

Greetings