Re: finally end single-person maintainership

On 12.04.24 19:28, Luca Boccassi wrote:
New contributors won't start in a vacuum, most will start contributing
first to existing projects on Salsa, which are already set up and
configured to do what is needed, if it is needed.
+1 here

Git is the bare
minimum these days, and has been for years. Salsa is the best thing
that has happened to Debian the past decade, and the Salsa team will
forever have my gratitude for the great job they have done and
continue to do.

Yepp - a very special thanks to the complete Salsa team. After seeing the numbers from Ganneff yesterday their work to set this up and keep it running is really impressive.

Furthermore I think that not only salsa was the best thing which happened to debian, but github/gitlab for open source in general. Just have a look how many projects are nowadays hosted on github/gitlab.

Greetings
Patrick (winnie)
--
 ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
 ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  winnie@debian.org/patrick@winnertz.eu

The people who refer to the pandemic in the past tense and climate change in the future tense are the reason everything is going to shit.