Re: finally end single-person maintainership

On Sat, 13 Apr 2024 at 10:11, Salvo Tomaselli <tiposchi@tiscali.it> wrote:

> > New contributors won't start in a vacuum, most will start contributing
> > first to existing projects on Salsa
>
> Or maybe they start with an ITP+RFS… was that an informed statement or a
> supposition?

It is my experience in receiving patches from non-project members. It
is also my experience that every such contributor I talked to rated
the ITP/RFS and other mail-based bug reporting on a range from
hilarious (in a bad way, as in: "it's 202x and you still do that?
seriously?") to infuriatingly frustrating and confusing.