Re: finally end single-person maintainership

On 12.04.24 00:52, Bill Allombert wrote:
These contributions always need to be carefull reviewed before being
accepted. As likely as not, they are either slightly incorrect or
introducing subtle breakages in some case the submitter did not
envision. This is where an expert maintainer is most needed.

Well that's your take.

My take is that when contributions to packaging "always" need a careful review, that's not  virtue, that's a symptom of underlying structural problems with package management.

We should strive to fix the root cause instead of requiring maintainers to be packaging experts. That doesn't scale.

--
-- regards