Re: Silent hijacking and stripping records from changelog

[replying list-only - unable to identify who is subscribed]

Quoting Jonathan Dowland (2024-04-17 17:29:11)
> On Wed Apr 17, 2024 at 10:39 AM BST, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> > (or did I misunderstand your point?)
>
> You misunderstood my point: I was actually supporting your position.

Oh!

> You've read it entirely backwards.
>
> > Interesting: Can you elaborate on those examplary contributions of yours
> > which highlighted a need for maintaining all Haskell packages in same
> > git repo?
>
> My Haskell contributions (which I did not enumerate) are tangential to
> the use of a monorepo. But it strikes me as an odd choice for you to
> describe them as examplary. Paired with you seeming to file me on "the
> opposing side", your mail reads to me as unnecessarily snarky.
> Please do not CC me for listmail.

I can see why it might come across as snarky.  It was not intended that
way.

I just meant to write describe your contributions as examples, but I
realize now that with your emphasizing it that I wrongly described them
as extraordinary examples.

I am still curious what you meant - regardless if pro or con Haskell
team packaging style.

 - Jonas

 * Sponsorship: https://ko-fi.com/drjones