Re: Binary conflict between Midnight Commander and MinIO Client

Hi,

Am Mon, Apr 22, 2024 at 09:28:29AM +0200 schrieb Philip Hands:
> >> /usr/libexec/minio-client/bin/mc -> /usr/bin/mcli
>
> Might I suggest that the link goes the other way, so that the symlink
> lives in /usr/bin?  That way the existence of the lib directory is
> somewhat self-documenting.

That's an interesting hint.  In Debian Med we are using a common
directories

    /usr/lib/debian-med/bin/
    /usr/lib/debian-med/man/

where those binaries will be moved to and have some kind of a
README.Debian template[1].  Changing this to have the real executable /
manpage to /usr/lib/debian-med/* makes sense.

We simply advise Debian Med users to set PATH to that dir and have
all the name-clashed binaries inside Debian Med without additional
interaction.

Kind regards
    Andreas.

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/ea-utils/-/blob/master/debian/README.Debian?ref_type=heads