Epoch bump for bcachefs-tools

Hi Debian Developers

In January, bcachefs[1] finally made it into the mainline Linux kernel as an experimental filesystem in to Linux 6.7

In 2022 something odd happened and the versions releases were 23 and 24 (previously we had alpha versions in Debian that were just git snapshots) before reverting to 1.x.x release tags.

We released those higher numbers in Debian, which means that the current version in Debian, bcachefs-tools 1.7.0, has the upstream version number of 24~really1.7.0.

Since it's a filesystem (and experimental one at that), where the version number is quite important for both tools and humans alike (who might not understand the version number currently in use), I think it would be justified to bump the epoch of this package.

I'm mailing debian-devel before commiting such an epoch bump, as per our versioning policy[2].

Yesterday I made an upload with the 1.7.0 version to experimental, this version uses significantly more rust code compared to the old versions. If it doesn't manifest any major issues, I'd like to upload it to unstable along with the epoch bump.

-Jonathan

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bcachefs
[2] https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-controlfields.html#version