Re: Any volunteers for lintian co-maintenance?

I also think that Lintian is one of the most important tools in Debian packaging ecosystem. I'm not a Debian Developer, but have built packages for our Debian derivative distribution (Pardus, which I tech-led it for some time). The first step was to get the package "Lintian-clean (TM)" before even testing it.

I would love to help to make Lintian faster, but unfortunately I don't know any Perl, so touching an advanced package like this will take a lot of time (learn Perl -> get somewhat proficient -> start hacking Lintian). I might be able to profile it though to understand its pain points, which I'll try to give a go.

Cheers,

H.