off-topic: cvs branching, and me being late

I'm going to move my cvs repository to cvs.debian.org, but I'm a
little concerned about the branching issue.  I'd like to ship Marcus'
and my new documentation with the package; but it should be destined
for slink-only.  Therefore I need to branch so I can continue to
support the hamm version.

I know the cvs info pages talk about branching... I'm a little worried
about it though because I've never done it before.  Can someone
reassure me with maybe some pointers on what cvs commands to run to
branch?  What cvs tags are best to use to indicate the branch?

Just feeling worried and swamped right now.  Sorry I haven't come up
with the docreg format; I'm going to work on that now.  I've been
dealing with *tons* of stuff to do at work and also crippling bugs in
jade and bugs in mh.  I guess my priority has been to get my packages
in shape for the freeze more than this preparation for slink, although
I feel bad because I can see that Marcus is struggling a bit by not
having the documented docreg format out.

Anyhow, I'm going to try to rip thru a version today; it's going to be
raw, but I want to start discussion on the actual fields rather htan
try to make a polished document.