Programming Tutorial

It seems that I and David Teague will collaborate on a
programming chapter for the tutorial. We're a little unsure
as to what should be covered.

I assume we're not going to teach general programming or a
specific chapter. Our idea is to walk through the common use
of compilers, debuggers, automake, libraries and all such things.
Does this sound right? We also wonder if we should give a short
rundown of the most common (and some uncommon) languages and try
to make some neutral notes on their strengths and weaknesses,
and perhaps have some appendices with info on specific areas
such as CGI-programming.

Any other ideas (and comments)?

--
Ole