Re: Renaming as "Debian Reference"?

On Sun, Feb 10, 2002 at 06:39:59PM -0800, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> > So, let's make a reference/ directory in the DDP CVS tree, and start
> > merging the quickref and the generic parts of faq in there.
>
> I do not understand what do you mean by "generic parts of faq" ???
>
> Current FAQ addresses more on describing capability and situation of
> Debian and it is a good one.  But these are not much focused on
> "Solution" to the user questions like my documents.  If there are some
> parts which can be incorporated, I will be happy.

How about "Where is pine?" or "Is Debian able to run my old libc5
programs?". Those may seem trivial, but they still are FAQs that need to be
documented.

> It also has been translated to French and Italian.  I realize making major
> change at this moment has very negative impact for the translation.

Translations of whole documents are never easy, and they will always get out
of date with another version of the document. That's just the way it is. :(

> Also most translators are just getting hang of CVS so I want to keep this
> easy and center in sourceforge.  Sourceforge has better support as CVS
> site.  (I do not know how many people can send crypted e-mail just to
> get pserver CVS account.)

We don't require crypted e-mails to provide pserver accounts, if that's what
you mean...

> Maybe after doing this all, we should reorganize the whole thing and
> make a good "Debian Reference (V2)" under /reference.

That's what I'm saying :) There shouldn't be several documents about
basically the same thing.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.