Re: DDP CVS commit by jseidel: ddp/manuals.sgml/release-notes/de release-note ...

Hi,
On Sun, Jan 09, 2005 at 06:24:17PM +0100, Jens Seidel wrote:
> I also found a missing umlaut in the output (last PDF page) because
> <url id="&url-debian-i18n;" name="&Uuml;bersetzungen">
> was used but which works great using name="Übersetzungen".

Yep.  these &...; construct only works well in most parts but not all
parts.  You may call it bug but I do not see it fixed anytime soon.

As long as encodings are consistent, I think fine to use any working
one.  EUC, latain1, latain2, ...

Oh, we use &...; construct to put out Japanese on our web.

See my name at
  http://www.debian.org/doc/user-manuals#quick-reference
with Japanse character capable browsers with charset being
charset=iso-8859-1.

Osamu