Re: System Administrator's Manual

Hi,

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 12:01:50PM +0000, Rafal Czlonka wrote:
> Is there anyone responsible for accepting/proofreading the documentation?
> Seeing something like[0]:

This document is totally outdated.  Most contents are from 9-10 years
ago.  Recent changes are removal of some unavailable software etc.
(Which is 2 years ago)

http://cvs.debian.org/ddp/manuals.sgml/system-administrator/backup.sgml?rev=1.14&root=debian-doc&view=log

> EMC NetWorker[1] is a backup system formerly known as Legato. EMC supplies
> NetWorker Client for GNU/Linux, but with almost no technical support.
> The applications are available in RPM binary packages from the Legato FTP Site[2].

I personally see no value here as the document from Debian site.

> I wonder if it is appropriate to suggest a binary-only/proprietary software when
> there's plenty of free/open backup software available in Debian?

At any rate, this is totally broken part of DDP which may be best
removed.  See its changes.

http://cvs.debian.org/ddp/manuals.sgml/system-administrator/?root=debian-doc

There are good general backup guide somewhare else.

Osamu