Re: ls complains about LS_COLORS after update of coreutils; shall we document this in the release notes?

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 03:26:19PM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> after updating the coreutils today I was affected by bugs.debian.org/544871. It
> is a transient issue that dissapears in fresh login shells, but it is
> distracting. How about documenting this in the release notes, so that our users
> can save their time?

In any case, you can make sure the maintainer added the appropriate
entry in the NEWS file.

> I am not yet proposing a patch, since I do not know where to add the notice. Would
> a “minor issues” section in issues.dbk be appropriate?

I have no idea about how spread is the use of such a configuration.

Nevertheless, you can use 'bts affect" to mark a bug as a candidate for
release-notes.

Best regards.

--
Simon Paillard