Re: Debian Patch Files

On Thu, Jan 14, 1999 at 06:30:53PM +1100, Robert Thomson wrote:
> 	The final patch, once compressed, should have it's size compared to
> 	the new package, and a decision should be made as to whether the
> 	end justifies the means. (ie. Does the size for the user justify the
> 	extra space needed by debian mirrors?)

I think the only thing I (and others) don't like about binary patches
to the packages themselves _is_ the amount of mirroring. I'm of the
opinion that if you don't want the system to change that much, then
run stable. The only people I see benefiting from this a great deal is
developers. Maybe this could be done as an project by a developer for
developers, but I don't think it should be on the main ftp.

UnixGroup Admin - Jordan Systems Inc.                 bcollins@debian.org