Re: dpkg Norwegian Bokmaal translation

Scott James Remnant wrote:
On Mon, 2004-09-13 at 00:57 +0200, Vidar Braut Haarr wrote:

I'm currently translating dpkg to Norwegian Bokmaal (no_NB). I'm about
halfway there, and expect to be finished sometime tomorrow (GMT+1 around
21:00, hopefully).

The reason I'm e-mailing you now and not tomorrow is the pending sarge
release. Is it possible that if I send in my .po file (who should I send
it to?) tomorrow, it can make sarge?

I'll have to discuss that with Colin and Steve; dpkg is currently frozen
and has been for a while now.

You mean development has stopped because something like dpkg2 is underway, or is it frozen for sarge?

While in theory translations are cheap fixes, I'm wary of them being
done in such a rush that they're just flat wrong; especially dangerous
for something like dpkg.

I understand your concern, and I agree.

I'm basing the translation on the swedish and danish ones, and I'm quite certain I'm using the right phrases in the right places. And, as I said, I'll let some of the others on our team have a read through it when I'm done. So it will get reviews.

In any case, I didn't really expect it to make sarge, but I hope it can be accepted post-sarge? :)

My current gut feeling is that there won't be a special string upload of
dpkg for sarge, and the current translated set will stay as it is.

I should've started 2 months ago ;)

--
Vidar Braut Haarr