Re: The way to the next dpkg release

> I propose the following timeline for the next release:
>
> Commit patches until Sunday January, 22th (5 days from now).
>  This should give plenty of time to at least work through
>  the backlog some of us have aquired (My own one can be seen
>  at http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?users=djpig@debian.org;tag=fixed-in-my-arch-branch).
> Give a few days of testing at the beginning of next week.
> Upload around Thursday January, 26th.
>
> Comments, objections?

Fair by me. And thanks for the great work.

I intend to commit all translation updates that are lying currently in
my archive, which will fix all bugs tagged ad "l10n,pending"

I suggest that someone familiar with dpkg-dev has a look at #345475
and possibly commits the patch. It is currently badly needed for g-i,
the graphical version of Debian Installer, as stated by Frans Pop, the
D-I release manager...

Of course you may already have done so, Frank, but, really, getting
this bug fixed would be great for d-i development.

I'm way too much incompetent for judging if the patch is "right" or
not, so leaving this to you....