Re: Sending commit messages somewhere?

On Mon, Jan 23, 2006 at 07:04:23AM +0100, Christian Perrier wrote:
> Do you think it would be worth doing so for dpkg?

Yes

> If so, where should we sent the messages?

There is a list debian-dpkg-cvs@lists.debian.org which we could use.
Since it wasn't used for a long time apparently someone set it to
moderated though so currently we can't use it. I opened #348684
against lists.debian.org about that. I have no idea if that gets fixed
timely, though. We have always the option to create an Alioth list for
it if we want to have it really fast. In this case we should probably
just request removal of the debian-dpkg-cvs list.

> Doing it in debian-dpkg avoids being forcedf to subscribe to two
> lists, be could be annoying for people who follow this list without
> being active maintainers. Moreover, this would enforce archiving these
> maybe quite useless messages (in long term).

I don't really like the idea of sending the commit messages directly to
the debian-dpkg list.

Gruesse,
--
Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>