Re: Dpkg testing framework and Ubuntu's automated testing (was: Re: Dpkg testing framework, take 5)

On Tue, Oct 17, 2006 at 08:49:07PM +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> Esteban Manchado Velázquez writes ("Dpkg testing framework and Ubuntu's automated testing (was: Re: Dpkg testing framework, take 5)"):
> >     OK. When talking about testing the installed version of the package, you
> > mean only functional tests, right?
>
> I'm not sure what distinction you're making here.  What other kind of
> tests might there be ?

    I meant functional vs. unit tests. I guess it doesn't make sense to try to
run unit tests in the installed system, partly because the sources aren't
available (one would have to do "apt-get source dpkg" or something like
that)... and because the unit tests should pass regardless of the
installation. But I just wanted to confirm :-)

--
Esteban Manchado Velázquez <zoso@debian.org>
Help spread it through the Net in signatures, webpages, whatever!