Re: Plans for Lenny's install-info

Nicolas François writes ("Plans for Lenny's install-info"):
> [Initially sent to team@dpkg.org, now forwarded to debian-dpkg@lists.debian.org]
> As promised, I'm bringing back this issue after the release of Etch.

I'm glad to see this problem being addressed.  (And once more I should
apologise for perpetrating Debian's install-info, whose design is
fundamentally wrong for the reasons you give.)

Have you considered whether the new dpkg triggers feature currently
being discussed in another thread in debian-dpkg might be helpful ?
It's intended to be used for this kind of thing.  Of course you may
prefer to press ahead without waiting for it.

Ian.