Re: Draft spec for new dpkg "triggers" feature (v2, repost)

Nathanael Nerode writes ("Re: Draft spec for new dpkg "triggers" feature (v2, repost)"):
> I read the whole thing.  Looks good.  How soon can it be
> implemented?  ;-)

I'm not really in a position to make promises but from Debian's point
of view I would be disappointed it doesn't make it into lenny.

> I think for documentation purposes you should come up with a
> consistent name for "package which causes a trigger to activate"
> ('producer') and "package which does the work in response to a
> trigger" ('consumer' or 'switchboard').  That was the only confusing
> part of reading this; it didn't make sense until after I got to the
> examples (and read the rest of it with those terms in mind).

I didn't want to use `producer' and `consumer' throughout because that
prejudges what the triggers are for and which way round they should
go.

> Perhaps "triggering package" and "trigger-implementing package"?

I use `triggering package' and `interested package'.  It would be nice
if there were a construction to turn `triggering' and `interested'
into noun phrases without needing to introduce the makework word
`package'.  `Triggerer' is just about OK but `interested' is
confusing.

Ian.