Re: Draft spec for new dpkg "triggers" feature (v2, repost)

(CC to -devel removed.)

Pierre THIERRY writes ("Re: Draft spec for new dpkg "triggers" feature (v2, repost)"):
> For any trigger that will only deal with files where each file is
> produced by a single package, maybe we should consider an error
> reporting protocol by which the trigger can report to dpkg the faulting
> files (when it is able to do so). With those files, dpkg should be able
> to figure which packages are properly configured and which are not, WRT
> this trigger.

This would be possible but I think the additional complexity would not
be worth the trouble.  As I say, the section `Error handling'
describes the way I propose to deal with this kind of problem.

I have added Python modules as an example of the `particularly loose
coupling' that I discuss there.

Ian.