Re: Specifying ia32-libs in control when on a 64 bit Debian/Ubuntu?

Hi,

debian-dpkg is not for packaging questions it's for dpkg's development.
You should have asked on debian-mentors@lists.debian.org. Please follow up
there if needed.

On Mon, 22 Jun 2009, Ignacio Valdes wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a deb package that requires ia32-libs to run on a 64-bit
> Debian/Ubuntu, otherwise it works without it on i386. I have tried in
> the control file:
>
> Depends: ia32-libs [amd64]
>
> But that doesn't seem valid. How does one specify ia32-libs should be
> a dependency when on 64 bit?

AFAIR you use ${shlibs:Depends} and you let dpkg-shlibdeps compute the
dependency.

But if you end up with ia32-libs as dependency on amd64 it simply means
that you packaged a software compiled for i386...

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog

Contribuez à Debian et gagnez un cahier de l'admin Debian Lenny :
http://www.ouaza.com/wp/2009/03/02/contribuer-a-debian-gagner-un-livre/