Re: purge does not remove triggers?

> You installed a version of menu without triggers support, is that what you
> said?

No - I deinstalled menu and noticed the triggers remained.

No - there is another package, unrelated to menu, unrelated to anything in Debian base. It is called openpanel-core and it is part of the OpenPanel project (www.openpanel.com). The current development version of that package uses triggers. The last stable release does not. I installed the development version on my machine, then removed it, then installed the stable release which does not support triggers.

> What were the errors that you saw?

The result was:

Processing triggers for openpanel-core ...
postinst called with unknown argument 'triggered'

>> I'm looking forward to, in short, a yes or no answer, and in long,
>> explanation of these two snippets. Thank you for your time.
>
> To me, it means that the content of /var/lib/dpkg/triggers/* ought to be
> updated during unpack or remove. In both cases a removal or a purge ought
> to remove any mention of the triggers provided by the removed package.

Agreed.

> Feel free to open a bug report for this.

Apparently I did not search long or deep enough earlier today, and a bug report already exists.

Kind regards,
Peter van Dijk