Re: BUG: start-stop-daemon has the poettering bug

On Tue, 2017-07-04 at 14:35 +0200, Bodo Eggert wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Jul 2017, Guillem Jover wrote:
>
> > BTW, I don't know (and I don't think I want to know either) what the
> > subject has to do with this, but it seems unnecessarily abrasive.
>
> Sorry, I was made aware of the bug because of the currently discussed
> systemd situation and made a quick and unprefessional  report. However,
> even looking back, it's deserved.

It's /still/ a completely different bug with different causes and
effects, with the only real similarity being that it involves usernames
starting with a digit being misparsed (it degrades to the same behaviour
as the systemd bug in 10% of cases, but that's a far stretch from being
the same thing).
Regards,

Adam