Re: dpkg.org site

Philipp Kern writes ("Re: dpkg.org site"):
> Presumably https://lists.debian.org/debian-ctte/2023/06/msg00001.html -
> paraphrasing "Debian is the upstream, because we own the domain, so the
> TC can decide about behavior of dpkg".

(For the avoidance of doubt, I'm addressing the argument you
paraphrase, not your own message.)

I think this kind of argument is not very helpful.

I don't think there is any need, from Debian's point of view, to fight
that particular battle with Guillem.  What Debian needs to care about
is the behaviour of the version of dpkg in Debian.  We routinely patch
things (including removing warnings we disagree with).

So declaring that "Debian is upstream" and fighting Guillem on that
basis is entirely unnecessary.  And it is also quite unpleasant.

Additionally IMO it would be best if dpkg.org wasn't used as a weapon
in this dispute.  Right now dpkg.org doesn't say anything about this
dispute.  We could just keep it that way.  That would avoid
unnecessary drama.

Ian.

Pronouns: they/he.  If I emailed you from @fyvzl.net or @evade.org.uk,
that is a private address which bypasses my fierce spamfilter.