Re: Install profiles

On Wed, Jun 14, 2023 at 06:00:42PM +0200, Julian Andres Klode wrote:
> Hi,
>
> based on some discussion on IRC I want to propose install
> profiles.
>
> Recommends: foo <bar>
> Suggests: foo <bar>
>
> The syntax is the same as for build profiles, and it is
> allowed in Recommends and Suggests fields only (maybe
> Enhances?).

Alternative backwards compatible approach:

Packages declare Profiles: they are part of

and then either

* apt ignores Recommends for disabled profiles
* apt installs Suggests for enabled profiles

It's not clear to me basically what's more powerful,
declaring profiles on relationships, or the packages.

ubuntu core developer                              i speak de, en