Re: Status of dpkg-shlibdeps tracking ARM object linkage ABI mismatches

Hey,

On 2023-06-15 11:21, Guillem Jover wrote:
> AFAIR there was also the case of objects being annotated with
> Tag_ABI_VFP_args but not with either of the ABI hard or soft float
> flags. And rechecking the commit message, it seems there were also
> objects with both ABI float flags set at the same time.
>
> I'm not sure whether you plan on analyzing all ELF objects in the
> Debian archive for the Arm architectures, but if so, that would be
> rather helpful. But thanks in any case for looking into this!

I did a first pass, and it seems that the only objects with Version4 are
generated by tcc.

Flags according to readelf -h on armel:
 0x4000200, Version4 EABI, <unknown>

And on armhf:
 0x4000400, Version4 EABI, <unknown>

For reference, the files are:

 /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabi{,hf}/tcc/bcheck.o
 /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabi{,hf}/tcc/bt-exe.o
 /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabi{,hf}/tcc/bt-log.o

Those are probably not particularly interesting for dpkg-shlibdeps, but
I've filed #1038162 nonetheless.

You mentioned in #853793 paris-traceroute also targeting Version4, but
that package is now gone.

I'll look at the soft/hard float ones next.

Thanks,
  ema