Re: Pondering sunsetting the Jenkins CI and repo for dpkg

Hi!

* Guillem Jover [Fri Apr 26, 2024 at 09:57:09AM +0200]:
> On Thu, 2024-03-14 at 00:19:09 +0100, Alexandre Detiste wrote:
> > Le sam. 9 mars 2024 à 18:29, Guillem Jover <guillem@debian.org> a écrit :

> > > The grml.org project has been hosting Jenkins jobs for dpkg for a long
> > > time now, as the very initial CI we had. The jobs also generate a repo
> > > so that people can run the latest code from git main, with the
> > > following apt config:
> > >
> > >   deb https://jenkins.grml.org/debian dpkg main
> > >
> > > Due to security issues in Jenkins or continuous attacks (AFAIR/AFAIUI)
> > > its web interface at https://jenkins.grml.org/ has been firewalled, so
> > > it now becomes a bit cumbersome to diagnose issues that happen there
> > > w/o having to bother someone.
> > >
> > > I've talked about this briefly with Mika, and I while I hugely appreciate
> > > the service that has been provided over the years (thanks Mika!), I'm
> > > thinking it's probably time to permanently disable it (I did this the
> > > other day as a temporary measure to stop spamming the list) given the
[...]

> > I could have used "deb https://jenkins.grml.org/debian dpkg main"
> > but it seems a lot of work to maintain compared to my little use.
>
> So, Mika, I guess it's time to disable and remove the jobs from Jenkins?

Perfectly fine for me :)

> Unless perhaps there are stats showing lots of usage for that repo (which
> I'd doubt)? Although I don't think this is urgent at all.

Nowadays there's only very little usage of it AFAICS, so I think it
makes sense to retire the service. Thanks for reaching out, I'll
take care of disabling and removing it.

regards
-mika-