Re: What activities do you want to take up in NITC Calicut minidebconf.

in-line :-

On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 1:42 PM, Vipin Nair <swvist@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Shirish,

Hi Vipin,

<snipped>
> That is *not* the schedule. It is the time when the talks were
> submitted. the talks submitted there are not finalized.

cool.
> What you see there on the talks page is the We are giving the speaker
> flexibility for the duration. Not everything can be put in an fixed
> time slot effectively. The submitted proposals are open to vote. The
> number in the '+1' field is the difference of the number of up votes
> and down votes a particular talk has received. We are using this tool
> (Funnel) to create a discussion space for people people who would like
> to attend our events and this gives a good picture of what one might
> expect here.

o.k.

> FOSSMeet is on 22-24 Feb. That is Friday, Saturday & Sunday.

cool.

<snipped>

> Mini DebConf is not just another track, its more like a conf in a
> conf. We are assured of a venue for the entire duration of the
> conference exclusively for Mini Debconf. Just to make things easier,
> we have a common registration. Anyone registering for FOSSMeet is free
> to attend any of the events that happen at FOSSMeet or Mini DebConf.

nice.

> People proposing talks at Mini DebConf are *encouraged* to use the
> funnel (http://funnel.fossmeet.in) as it will get more exposure. More
> people attending FOSSMeet will know whats happening at Mini DebConf.
>
> You are free to decide if you would want to use Funnel or just use the
> Debian Wiki or both.  A simple entry on the Mini DebConf wiki is
> sufficient. People attending Mini DebConf will know where to look ;)

Sigh! Now how I wish you had shared this an hr. or two before. I spent
quite sometime adding bits and pieces to the thing to one proposal -

http://funnel.fossmeet.in/2013/14-debian-edu

The Debian wiki is and would be so much easier.

I actually wanted to give Pavi the honor of first taking a dig at
whatever he wants to do first but then it seems things will take their
own time here.

Anyways, looking forward to hearing from all, esp. Pavi :)

--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल