Re: Skolelinux jobs for students

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004, Hilaire Fernandes wrote:

> > Does kschoolmenu not already achieve this, only more efficiently, not
> > copying the menu over to the home dir?
>
> Is it a working right now solution?

Yes, it's in Venus.

  - start KDE Control Center
  - click "System"
  - click "Custom K Menus"
  - click "Modify" (bottom left)
  - Choose a group you want custom menus for
  - click "Add" and type the name of the group
  - The left hand pane is all available K menus, the right is the custom
    menus for the group.  Add & remove things as you like and save the
    config.
  - Members of the group must login afresh before the changes show.

Note that it doesn't have any way to merge two group's menus.  So, you
can create menus for several groups but if a user is a member of two
groups, they'll get the menus of one of those (as I currently understand
it, the last alphabetically).

> If just half working it is like not-working-at-all.

Surely it would make sense to consider it before developing something new,
even if it were "half working"?

I'm not suggesting it's the best solution imaginable, but it works and
currently achieves a good portion of what you want.

Gavin