Re: Debian-edu/Skolelinux and Edubuntu cooperation

*  (Andreas Schuldei)

(Please follow the Debian mailing list guidelines and don't Cc people
unless explicitly requested.  Thanks.)

| I agree with your list of issues. On top of those I would like to
| add: infrastructure (t-p-a, t-s), rewording of the DFSG and the
| irritation and disruption it brought. I would blame those for
| half a year to one year of the relase delay. At some point the
| "spectator mentality" set in which slowed down everything, again.
| It is still there. Most dont believe that we will relase sarge in
| under ten days.

Hindsight is always 20/20 and there's nothing which can be done about
how things were done.  We'll rather have to learn from our mistakes
and try to make a new set next time. :-)

| > What will be the big holdups for etch?
|
| I think we will have our share of interesting political things
| disrupting work (and i dont know what those could be yet).

I know that Andrew Suffield has a bunch of GRs he hopes to get in wrt
non-free and such, but I hope we can get by without having politics
disturb the technical work too much at least.

| One issue is that eventhough items that need work are known
| allready, things are not approached proactively. (infrastructure,
| again.)

Absolutely true.

                                                                      `. `'
                                                                        `-