Re: A 10-Level Web Integration Continuum for Higher Education

On Mon, 30 May 2005, kinchew wrote:

No, there is no particular reason for me not to join in the Debian-Edu
effort.  Sorry, it is just that nobody made the effort to promote it
among the participants who attended the Debian Mini-Conference in
Beijing.  So, if you can introduce the Debian-Edu discussion forum to
the members in this AOSSS discussion group, I am sure many of the AOSSS
participants might want to participate.
Well, I think my main role is done if I made the connection.  I'm crossposting
this mail to the debian-edu list and I'm definitely sure that there are
enough people who are much better than me in introducing Debian-Edu
(aka SkoleLinux) to you and which will be very happy to start connections
to Asia.  I'm sorry if my talk about Custom Debian Distributions was not
clear enoouth that there are several groups of people who are interested
in certain fields and that one of them is the very strong Custom Debian
Distribution which feels obliged to educational software.

Online communities are like that.  You need access to the right groups
of people.  You need champions and active participation.  As I have
been attending all the 5 AOSSS Meetings, I feel that I can reach out to
many people in Asia.  This is just my small contribution.
To be honest when I was in Beijing the main thing I learned was, that Asia
is a little bit separated from Europe / America.  We have to to solve this
immediately and Debian has the best chances to do so.  The profit would be
on both sides because I'm pretty sure that we here in "the other part of
the world" can learn a lot from you.

I hope you can introduce the Debian-Edu discussion forum and I am sure
many of the AOSSS participants will appreciate it.
As I said, there will be people who are very keen on this job and who will
do much better than me. ;-)
If I were you I would immediately start with the translation of the documents
they will point you at ...

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.
Thank you for taking up this hint

        Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de