Re: .org proposal 2nd

On Fri, Feb 17, 2006 at 08:13:35AM +0100, Patrick Winnertz wrote:

> sound also like an good solution :) important is that the new member
> process for developers is international, because later they will mostly
> work international and not in the national teams.

Do we have and need a new member process? I did a search on google and
found a page about it in the German wiki [1]. What is the intention
with this, is it for the German or international community?

I can agree that we probably should offer an optional new member
process for persons that wants to go through such a process. We have
great examples of contributors that do great work for us without going
through such a process. In my opinion we don't have enough manpower
now to afford forcing contributors through such a process and risk
losing them because such process.

- Werner

[1] http://www.skolelinux.de/wiki/NewMember/Process