Re: r7410 - trunk/src/build/CD-administrator

Am Donnerstag, den 03.08.2006, 21:22 +1000 schrieb Steffen Joeris:
> Hi Patrick
>
> Sending also to debian-edu@l.d.o. to make sure the discussion can continue
> there.
> Did that actually work? (See mail to commits@skolelinux.org below) I doubt
> that this is the right way, but maybe I am wrong. If we want to make sure
> that special udebs are included or excluded from the cd we have to adjust the
> debian-cd.patch and do it there (but please test it carefully, otherwise it
> breaks the cd building).
> Anyway I'll leave it right now, so please tell me if you wanna keep it, but I
> guess it is not the right way.
Yes, this is not the right way, I only want to test if the cd is working
with the older kernel. But as you see I haven't success.
So, I will delete the entries in hintpkg-etch-test.txt :S

> So we have the following issues as far as I remember:
>
> negative:
> A initrd which just works in a few languages :(
Yes, this is crazy... I didn't really understand why. There is no other
change in this initrd, only the busybox... So normally this initrd
should work as the other one.
If anybody knows why the debconf dialogs looks horrible and only 2
languages are available please have a look on :
http://d.skolelinux.org/~winnie/initrd/iniram.gz ;-)

> A kernel mismatch and therefore a messed up installation.
Okay. this will be fixed with d-i beta3

> positive:
> auto-partitioning via partman-auto is working and therefore we don't need
> autopartkit anymore?
>
> Tomorrow I'll try to test the etch-test daily build (just finished my first
> australian illness damn awfull, maybe we can catch up during the weekend if
> you get up early and i'll stay awake until deep in the night :)
On the weekend? Okay, I think I will have there some time ;-)

Greetings
Patrick