Re: ltsp manager

Am Sonntag 14 Januar 2007 02:50 schrieb Steffen Joeris:
> Tonight I came across "LTSP-Manager" which is in Ubuntu feisty[0].
> I did not investigate which features it provides, but I would like to
> share the thought with you, maybe it is interesting for us here as I
> guess a tool to at least configure an LTSP chroot would be somehow
> really nice (e.g. when a teacher wants to change the mouse settings
> in an easy GUI way). Maybe someone wants to investigate and give some
> further details and evaluate it a bit.

Hi Steffen, thanks for the hint. Another level of ltsp-administration is
needed (in my experience) to handle CPU load.

AND and nightkill.sh do a good job overall, but the more I start using
java tools, the more often my dual CPU core is under heavy load (99%)
and causes lagging. Today, a user couldn't even log in because a
forking java/netbean-process (>250 processes) had created a 120 MB log
file in his home directory. Even for me it took quite a while to kill
all these processes.

What other tools do you use to keep LTSP's CPU's at decent load? What
tools do you offer for plain teachers?

Regards
Ralf