Re: Documentation, and generic questions

On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 05:12:46 pm Klaus Ade Johnstad wrote:
> Fredag 29 juni 2007 16:45, skrev Valerio Pachera:
> > 3-I downloaded the dvd (testing) and found a problem. Should I post
> > the message in this list or is it better in the "admin-discuss"
> > (https://init.linpro.no/mailman/skolelinux.no/listinfo/admin-discuss)
> >? Ok, I'll say it anyway :-)  :when I was trying to install debian-edu
> > it didn't allow me to choose the manul partitioning then I've been
> > obbligated to terminate the installation.
> > The machine was a kaptop Asus A6Vm and I chose Main server and LTSP
> > server (if it can help).
>
> You need to boot with 'expert' or 'expertgui' to be able to do manual
> partitioning.
If you just want to use manual partitioning, but beside that have a more or
less debian-edu installation (also with one additional profile),you should
use "linux debian-edu-expert" as boot options. The debian-edu-expert mode is
a special debian-edu mode, which also has manual partitioning. The
normal "expert" mode would give you a debian expert mode, which is quite
different.

Cheers
Steffen