Re: Doubts and question about the merging of LinEx in Debian Edu

On Saturday 19 January 2008, Herman Robak wrote:
> On Sat, 19 Jan 2008 14:33:13 +0100, cobaco (aka Bart Cornelis)
>
> <cobaco@skolelinux.no> wrote:
> > the only reason that getting an english class in the chem-lab was
> > exotic/scary and thus distracting is cause you weren't used to it.
>
>   Your faith in people's ability to adapt to the circumstances seems
> infinite.  As if any distraction quickly fades to zero.  That's a
> bold claim, and bold claims should be supported by evidence.

where talking about a minor change in environment here "people quickly adapt
to minor changes in their environment" is not exactly a bold claim IMO.

As to supported by evidence people change cars, sofda's, chairs, wallpaper,
and generally move things around all the time. I don't know a single person
person actually having problem adapting to those kind of changes.

> > That would stop being a problem by the second or maybe third class
> > in that room.
>
>   To me this sounds like wishful thinking.

In one year in Highschool I had a Dutch class one hour of which was held in
a drawing room each week (with adjustable tilted drawing desks), and a math
class that had an hour in a physics lab each week.
-> It never posed a problem (the very first class in that drawing room there
was some horsing around with the desks, it took mabe five minutes for the
teacher to put a stop to it, and that was while she was gathering homework
assignments)

(more generally we moved around for almost every class, so first hour each
monday we'd be in room a12, 2nd hour each monday we might be in room
b20, ... and so on. This is common practice in high schools in Belgium,
increasingly so in higher years as groups participating in each class
became more dynamic)
--
Cheers, cobaco (aka Bart Cornelis)