Re: Still interested in the daisyplayer project?

Hi Petter!

On 07/03/2008, Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com> wrote:

>  Are you still interested in working on the project, or should be try
>  to find new maintainers for it?

I've had quite limited spare time this last year+, and not the best
concience when it comes to libdaisy. I am still very interested in the
project, and I will plan to spend more time on it in the future.

>  I've commited to svn a few minor fixes to the build system for
>  libdaisy, to get it building the Debian package, and will do some more
>  cleaning to see if I can get a working package.

Great!

I have been trying to update the build system for quite some time.
I've set up a new project and imported the libdaisy files
(code/libdaisy2).

This builds and plays fine on my computer. It is probably better and
more portable than our old handcrafted makefiles. I also hope this is
a better base for creating debian-packages. Please give it a try.

I've spent some time reading up on linux development, and I'm
pondering on some ideas for simplifying and restructuring libdaisy in
the future.

--
sincerely,
André Lindhjem