Re: GOsa/LDAP/Samba integration -> GoPDC integration in debian-edu-config

Hi Andi, hi Holger, hi all,

On Mo 06 Jun 2011 23:21:45 CEST "Andreas B. Mundt" wrote:

On Mon, Jun 06, 2011 at 11:11:12PM +0200, Mike Gabriel wrote:

last night I have looked into Samba+LDAP+GOsa. The realization about
that part for Debian Edu/Skolelinux is: if we want flawless und
fluent Windows integration in Debian Edu (yes, we want that!!!) then
there is still a bunch of work to do.

I have a TJENER with working Samba domain joining here as a virtual box instance. I use gopdc as scripting backend in Samba as a helper tool to join the domain.

The workflow, however, is:

  o as domain admin: let a samba client join the domain
  o then: visit GOsa and add the necessary stuff (Hostname, IP, MAC, enable
    DNS/DHCP etc.)

Waiting for feedback when and if I shall start working the changes into SVN (before beta1 or after?).

I, too, think that we should establish a status quo that works again. (What is needed for that?)

I also need feedback on using gopdc for the Samba+GOsa integration.

Greetings,
Mike

--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, dorfstr. 27, 24245 barmissen

GnuPG Key ID 0xB588399B

freeBusy: