Re: Gnash != useless

[Alf Tonny Bätz]
> I have to agree with Ole Anders here!
>
> The gnash is 100% useless becouse it dont work on the pages students use daily.
> That the adobe flash player not work 100% i also agree on, but it work
> alot better then gnash.

I sure hope neither you nor Ole Anders teach mathematics.  Given that
working Youtube is more than 0% useful, and gnash work with youtube,
gnash can not be 100% useless.  If working Youtube is 1% useful, gnash
can at most be 99% useless.  If you calculate this and reach 100%, I
believe something most be wrong with the calculator.

>From a distribution point of view we have two options with Debian Edu:

 1) Not include Gnash, and make youtube and all other Flash pages fail
    to work completely after a fresh installation.
 2) Include Gnash and get working Youtube and a small fraction of
    Flash web pages work after a fresh installation.

Note that the adverticed option is out of reach for us, due to
copyright and patent issues:

 3) Install flashplugin-nonfree and get most Flash pages workout after
    a fresh installation.

What would you propose we do?  Go with option 1 or 2?
--
Happy hacking
Petter Reinholdtsen