Re: Impressive GOsa start and log in waiting times

On Sun, Oct 08, 2017 at 06:53:03PM +0200, roman.meier@gismap.ch wrote:
> Ok, I have connected my LTSP client to the 192.168.0.0/24 subnet and as
> expected no PXE menu appears. Apparently the 512mb RAM of my LTSP clients
> is sufficient to run as diskless workstations. However, I get a black
> screen.
[..]
> I suspect an issue with the 512mb. Is this adjustable?

Yes: set 'FAT_RAM_THRESHOLD=1000' in lts.conf like stated in the
manual; see:

https://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Documentation/Stretch/HowTo/NetworkClients#Introduction_to_thin_clients_and_diskless_workstations

Because sites differ so much, we have left the LTSP default value (300)
untouched and rather preferred to document how to configure clients.

Wolfgang